We're your go to drilling contractors
GEOTECHNICAL AND GEOPHYSICAL SERVICES
Geotechnical Engineering and Engineering Geology is an essential component of civil engineering, mining, petroleum, and any other engineering concerned with construction on or in the ground. This discipline supplied by Mzansi Drilling in-house, makes use of principles of soil and rock mechanics to investigate subsurface conditions and materials; determine the relevant physical/ mechanical and chemical properties of these materials; evaluate stability of natural slopes and man-made soil deposits; assess risks posed by site conditions; design earthworks and structural foundations; and monitor site conditions, earthworks, and foundation construction.
The Mzansi Drilling Geotechnical Department draws its experience from several divisions within the company including the Water Department. Standard geotechnical engineering projects commence with a review of project needs to define the required material properties. They are then followed by a site investigation of soil, rock, fault distribution and bedrock properties on and below an area of interest to determine their engineering properties including how they will interact with, on or in a proposed construction. Mzansi Drilling prides itself in providing a combination of the above mentioned and Hydrogeology.
Our Geophysical and Geotechnical Services Offering:
Feasibility studies and site investigations for municipal infrastructure including pipelines, reservoirs, water treatment plants, domestic waste sites, roads, and housing. Mine open pit slope depressurisation and stability assessments. Detailed geological, hydrogeological, and geotechnical data are often a notable unknown factor in the design and operation of an open pit, the lack of which may pose a significant risk to the mining venture. Mzansi offers a phased and systematic approach towards site assessment and implementation of depressurisation systems and the identification and mitigation of geotechnical constraints.
Site Investigations for Civil Engineering support include but are not limited to:
- Test pitting, auger boreholes, in-situ sampling.
- Penetrometer testing including DPL, DCP, DPSH and CPTu.
- Geophysical surveys including resistivity, magnetic, electromagnetic, seismic, GPR and gravity surveys.
- Permeability testing including percolation tests, double ring infiltrometer and Lefranc.
- Geotechnical drilling and in-situ borehole testing including SPTs, pressure meter, Lugeon/Packer tests.
- Plate-load tests and compaction assessment for founding conditions.
- All associated laboratory testing and analysis for disturbed and undisturbed samples.